In a few weeks is our annual neighbourhood yard sale! Its been happening for over 30 years.
Saturday June 15, from 9am-1pm
*rain date Sunday June 16
Traditionally it includes Duncan, Lawrence, Allan, Chebucto, Harvard, Yale and Yukon streets.
Here’s the link for the FB event. Please spread far and wide.
Be sure to tell your neighbours!
We’re getting ready to paint a mural on Chebucto Lane – starting with a few design sessions.
THURSDAY APRIL 4th – – BRAINSTORMING SESSION
6pm to 8pm
At the Lutheran Church :: 2096 Windsor Street
What do you think we should paint?
What do we want it to say about our neighbourhood?
Don’t miss the chance to have your ideas heard.
There will be tea, cookies, etc. Bring other goodies if you can!
If you can contribute food, drinks, art supplies, live music…or anything else you can think of, please let us know.
Lets have some fun!
SUNDAY APRIL 7th – – FOCUSING IDEAS
What themes are emerging?
Lets refine the design ideas for the mural
4pm at Good Food Emporium
SUNDAY APRIL 28th – – CHOOSING A DESIGN
Voting on which design should be painted
4pm at Good Food Emporium
See you on the sidewalk 🙂
For those who weren’t able to make it – we all gathered at the Good Food Emporium after the walk and had discussions about what we want to contribute to the neighbourhood. We hope this is just the beginning of us getting together to starting projects together.
There were so many good ideas, so we decided to share them ::
- Talk on history of Duncan Street area
- History Slide show
- Film Screening / slideshow @ Duncan/chebucto lane besides nicole’s garden
- “Pattern Language” sharing – what makes complete neighbourhoods and streets? What are small things we can do?
- Checbucto lane becoming a park/pathway, no cars
- Placemaking for regular pass throughs
- Beautifying of St.Vincent/ QE/Parking lot of Quinpool Towers
- Chebucto lane, formalizing the path to Quingate shopping centre
- Bench making workshop.
- Roundabout outdoor gathering spot
- Edible Landscapes
- Neighbourhood Board for information/ sharing
- More places to lock bikes
- Beautifying of Chebucto wall (mosaic, mural, historical info wall/ photo gallery).
- Neighbourhood Naming Ceremony
- Food – growing/sharing
- Street Party / food events / gardens
- Chebucto Lane Party
- Street Chalk Party
- Community jam / festive gathering
- Backyard tours
- Porch Party// Stoop Social
- Picnic after yardsale on the lane
- Community theatre/ bringing stories to life
- Neighbourhood Band // Small recording studio to make community album
- Film Festival
- Community yoga class at st matthews church
COLLABORATIVE SERVICES/ NETWORKS
- Neighbourhood odds jobs network
- Book Exchange
- Peoples stories library (book out a person and their story for an hour)
We are in the beginning stages of a new project and want you to be a part of it!
We want to celebrate our beautiful neighbourhood by painting a giant mural together at the intersection of Duncan Street and Chebucto Lane. But what are we going to paint? Over the coming months the neighbourhood will decide what is to be painted through public design sessions. We will brainstorm and dream about what we can create and build as a community.
You are invited to any and all of the steps along the way!
Specific dates and places tbd and shared.
Keep an eye out for updates on the blog.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE INVITATION!