For those who weren’t able to make it – we all gathered at the Good Food Emporium after the walk and had discussions about what we want to contribute to the neighbourhood. We hope this is just the beginning of us getting together to starting projects together.
There were so many good ideas, so we decided to share them ::
- Talk on history of Duncan Street area
- History Slide show
- Film Screening / slideshow @ Duncan/chebucto lane besides nicole’s garden
- “Pattern Language” sharing – what makes complete neighbourhoods and streets? What are small things we can do?
- Checbucto lane becoming a park/pathway, no cars
- Placemaking for regular pass throughs
- Beautifying of St.Vincent/ QE/Parking lot of Quinpool Towers
- Chebucto lane, formalizing the path to Quingate shopping centre
- Bench making workshop.
- Roundabout outdoor gathering spot
- Edible Landscapes
- Neighbourhood Board for information/ sharing
- More places to lock bikes
- Beautifying of Chebucto wall (mosaic, mural, historical info wall/ photo gallery).
- Neighbourhood Naming Ceremony
- Food – growing/sharing
- Street Party / food events / gardens
- Chebucto Lane Party
- Street Chalk Party
- Community jam / festive gathering
- Backyard tours
- Porch Party// Stoop Social
- Picnic after yardsale on the lane
- Community theatre/ bringing stories to life
- Neighbourhood Band // Small recording studio to make community album
- Film Festival
- Community yoga class at st matthews church
COLLABORATIVE SERVICES/ NETWORKS
- Neighbourhood odds jobs network
- Book Exchange
- Peoples stories library (book out a person and their story for an hour)